Firstly I want to thank Mar of To & Fro for posting this “questionnaire list” on her blog. So here’s some looking back and looking forward….
1) Describe your 2015 in 5 words.
Another baby, no sleep = knackered!
2) What were your 3 happiest moments?
Arrival of Miss Mostyn (our family is now complete!), family time during sunny maternity days, meeting Mark Webber.
3) What one event, big or small, are you going to tell your future grandchildren about.
Well of course Miss Mostyn’s birth has to be at the top but meeting Mark Webber was pretty awesome too!!
4) List 3 new things that you discovered about yourself.
I am much more resiliant than I think. My body doesn’t like being fiddled with and I’m not perfect.
5) What new things did you try?
I don’t think I tried new things to be honest. Didn’t really have much time between having a baby, chasing a toddler and going back to work!
6) What new opportunities were you given?
From a blogging perspective I had some nice opportunities to work with some great brands.
7) What was the most important lesson your learned?
That I know my body better than the medical professionals! I said from the beginning that my second baby would also end up coming out via the “sunroof” and she did!
8) What advice would you share about what you learned this year?
I’m saying it to myself now, listen to your body!!
9) What achievements are your most proud of?
Birth of Miss Mostyn.
10) What was the best news you received?
Miss Mostyn was a healthy baby!
11) What are you most thankful for?
Safe arrival of my second baby girl!
12) Who are you most thankful for?
My husband. To be fair, he puts up with a lot of crap from me and honestly I need to take better care of him in 2016.
13) What challenges did you overcome, and how?
Hmm I can’t really think of any challenges that came up during 2015.
14) What healthy habits did you put in place?
None whatsoever! My aim is to do this in 2016!
15)How did you take risks and push yourself out of your comfort zone? I
didn’t take any risks nor put myself out of my comfort zone during 2015. The closest thing I suppose is that I went to two blogging events on my own which considering I’m quite a shy person was pretty impressive!
16) How did your relationships with your friends and family evolve?
Having a second baby has meant a lot of change in relationships. My Mam moved out after Miss Mostyn arrived, parents in law have moved to live closer to us so we see them more often as they help out with the girls a lot.
17) Who, or what, had the most positive impact on your life?
My little girls and my husband. Looking at the beautiful faces of my girls made me realise that I do have it good.
18) How did you handle negative energy and tough times?
Had a rant, had a cry and carried on.
19) What was your most comment mental state this year?
Is exhausted a mental state?
20) What personal qualities, or habits, did you develop?
I developed a bad habit of over using my snooze button on my alarm clock! It’s just way too tempting!
21) How did you enjoy the little things?
Just tried to savour the little moments with my cuties!
22) If asked, how would others describe you?
I honestly don’t know! I would hope that they think I’m honest, fun and reliable!
22) If given the chance, what experience would you do all over again?
I’d meet Mark Webber all over again! 🙂 But no, given the chance I would re-do my maternity leave and try to enjoy it/make the most of it more than I did.
23) What advice would you give you early-2015 self if you could?
Make the most of your maternity leave. It will be over in a flash and you will never get that time back.
24) If you could go back in time, what would you have done differently?
I think I would have tried to make more of my maternity leave. Not sure if I used my time to the best potential.
1) What are you most excited for this year?
Ooo well quite a number of things… Little Miss’ second (!!) birthday, watching Red Dwarf being filmed at Pinewood Studios (yes my friends this is happening!), seeing The Tenderloins (Impractical Jokers) at Manchester Academy, family holiday to Lanzarote in May, Miss Mostyn’s first birthday, running my first 5k (assuming I train up)… 2016 is going to be a busy year!
2) How will this year be different than the last?
This year will not be spent being pregnant! Felt like I’ve pregnant for the last 3 years! And this year I will be fitter and get
3) What is your theme song for 2016, and why?
Now that’s an interesting question! Never thought about my life in theme songs.
4) What/where do you want to see, discover and/or explore?
As money is lacking I think this year we’re going to try and explore a bit more of Wales. We especially would like to visit local castles.
5) How will you continue to push yourself?
This year I’m going to sort out my fitness and health. Now that I’m done having babies, I can get back into shape (not that I ever was in shape but you know!).
6) What new things will you try?
Running! I WILL become a runner this year!
7) What item is on the top of your bucket list for 2016?
Oh the Red Dwarf thing without a doubt. You have no idea how excited we are for this!
8) Who do you want to spend more time with?
My girls and my husband.
9) What do you want to achieve career-wise?
Hmm… if I’m honest I wouldn’t mind doing some more training to become an expert in inhertiance tax and trusts. But unfortunately unless I can wangle work to pay for it, it’s not something I can afford this year.
10) List 3 new skills you would like to learn or improve on.
Running, cooking and gardening
11) What type of energy do you want to give off this year?
Positive vibes… not started off very well due to the lack of sleep so I’ve been rather snappy with hubby. Sorry honey!
12) List 3 things you would like to learn.
Well as question 10 – running and gardening. I’d also like to learn how to make cauliflower rice!
13) How do you want people to describe you?
Honest, friendly and good
14) What habits do you want to change or get rid of?
Unhealthy eating. I eat too many takeaways and too many sweets.
15) List 3 personal qualities you would like to develop or strengthen.
I didn’t know the answer to this one so I asked the hubby and he said I need to work on my patience! Which is probably true – I have no patience what so ever!!
16) What is one thing you want to completely rid your life of this year?
Negative people. I’m just not going to give them the energy.
17) How do you want to remember the year when you look back on it 10/20/50 years from now?
I want this year to be remembered for me being an active person, enjoying the simple life and getting the house finished!
18) What is your #1 goal for 2016?
Running a 5k!
19) How do you plan on achieving your #1 goal?
Start running would help! I’ve bought some running shoes so that’s a start!
20) If you could chose one word to live by in 2016, what would it be?
So there we have it my look back at 2015 and looking forward to 2016. I’m actually pretty excited about 2016 but I’m not sure why?! Maybe it’s simply because I won’t be pregnant this year for the first time in what feels like 3 years!!
What are you looking forward to in 2016?