Well I shared my New Year’s Resolutions earlier this month but one thing I didn’t mention was my blogging goals. I don’t have specific goals as such I just generally want to improve everything! So what better way to do it than participate in #BlogBetter with Laura!
Basically you choose 3 categories and the 3 items in those categories to work on. So I chose:
Improve My Blog Itself
- Check categories on previous posts – I have a lot under uncategorised so really need to sort them out.
- Place your social media and Bloglovin links at the bottom of each post – I have social media links in the sidebar but bottom of each post would do better.
- Consider whether you want to re design your blog – I don’t want to redesign but I do want to tidy up the design
Promote My Blog
- Tweet the link to your 3 most recent posts three times a day for two days, twice a day for two days, then once a day in 3 months, 6 months, 12 months – I used to schedule Tweets well but have fallen complacent of late. Time to get my head in the game again!
- Post your latest post in some of the groups for bloggers on Facebook – I’m a member of numerous Blogger Groups but never share my links!
- Pin your posts to a relevant board on your Pinterest – this one I’m hopeless at doing!!
- Share your Bloglovin link on Twitter at least once a day – yup don’t do this often enough.
- Mention your Bloglovin link on Facebook regularly – not sure if I’ve ever shared it if I’m honest!!
- Consider a clearout of your feed every so often – I’ve noticed a number of blogs I follow but don’t read so time to tidy up.
Well I’ve been promoting my blog posts this past week and sure enough my page views have increased! So I need to continue doing it so the momentum carries on throughout the month.