Day 6. 10 Things You’d tell yourself when you started blogging
I’m finding it difficult to come up with 10 things! But here’s what I have.
1) Keep a record of your old blog entries! – After 15 years of blogging you will regret not keeping your old blog entries!
2) Don’t worry about your visitor numbers – This is not why you started blogging
3) Stay true to yourself – That is such a cliche I know! But all i mean by it is that this is my blog and therefore I post what I want. Don’t be posting what you think others want to read about.
4) Don’t worry about the haters – not everyone will enjoy what you say. Not everyone will agree with your opinions. But meh who cares?!
5) Stop when you want, it’s ok! – at the end of the day, if you no longer enjoy blogging then you don’t have to. There are more important things in life. As long as I enjoy it, I will do it! And at the moment, I am enjoying it.
Ok so I managed to come up with 5 things but the main one I wish I would’ve stuck to is number 1. I wish I had a log of what I’ve blogged about for the past 15 years. Yes I’ve had a blog for that long. And no I didn’t blog continuously over those 15 years. I’ve been in and out of the blogging scene for a while but hopefully I’m back for good now!!
How about you? What do you wish you would have told yourself when you started blogging? Or if you’re new to blogging, what advice have you been given that you appreciate?