This weekend marked our first wedding anniversary. I can’t believe it’s been a year already! As this was the last anniversary we’ll get before the baby arrives I arranged for us to go away. We didn’t go far but it was a complete surprise for hubby. He had no idea where we were going! I had booked us in at The Quay Hotel and Spa for a “Babymoon” package. It included:
- A 2 night stay in a classic double room with private balcony or terrace
- Full Welsh or Continental breakfast in bed
- A 3 course meal each evening in the Grill Room
- Extra pillows for your baby bump!
- “Sweet Sensation” for 2 to banish those cravings- Includes homemade fudge, handcrafted chocolates and luxurious Kokonoir hot chocolate dipping sticks delivered to your room on request
- A 1st birthday treat for baby- A complimentary upgrade when you bring baby back to visit the Quay during its 1st birthday year
- Yummy Mummy spa treatments for her- Tailored to your stage of pregnancy & recommended after your 1st trimester it includes a full body massage, cocoon body wrap and a personalised facial
- Dishy Daddy spa treatments for him- Intensive full body massage & personalised express facial.
We had a courtyard room but we also had a view of the sea. It was a stunning view and probably better than the view of the castle.
The spa treatments is what I was looking forward to most as we had hoped to do thison our honeymoon last year but the prices in Florida were astronomical! We had the joint massage session at 4pm on Saturday. Hubb had a back massage and facial whilst I had more of an oil treatment. They couldn’t give me too much of a massage due to the baby bump! It was really lovely and would definitely do it again!
The evening meals were at the hotel’s restaurant. The food was very posh and we came to the conclusion that we are not cut out for posh food! The food was very nice but the organisational skills were rather poor. On the first evening they brought us the wrong food and had added someone else’s drinks to our bill – very poor considering there were only 3 tables eating that evening. On the second evening they didn’t have our booking down on the system at all.
The breakfast was great though! They had a buffet of continental and cooked breakfast. So of course since it was part of the price we went back for seconds and third helpings! Make the most of it I say! But what I really liked was the fact that they served some food on slate. I’m originally from a slate mining town so I love any slate products. I asked the waiter if it was local slate and he confirmed my thinking that it was Llanberis slate – I can tell by the colour!!
Yesterday we went to the cinema to see Rush. It’s a fantastic film! It’s a must for any Formula 1 fan but even if you’re not into the F1 it’s still a great film! It’s a true story about the rivalry between James Hunt and Niki Lauda. I now have new found respect for Niki Lauda. The casting was absolutely spot on – the actor who acted Niki Lauda – Daniel Brühl – was fantastic! He had Niki down to a tee!
Oh and just in case he reads the blog, happy anniversary my honeybunch! Here’s to the rest of our lives together eh? <3