This award is for blogs that are inspiring, creative or funny and I was nominated (months ago!) by Bevchen. Thank you for the nomination and so sorry it took so long for me to get back.
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Complete the challenge they set you.
3. Select a blog or blogs that you want to give the award to.
4. Tell them about it and set them a challenge.
(Please include the rules in your post).
Th challenge that was set by Bevchen is to describe your dream dinner party, including the guests (dead or alive), the decorations, any background music etc.
Oooo dream dinner party! Now there’s an idea!
Of course hubby would be invited but I think we’d send Little Miss & MissMostyn to Nain & Taid’s for the evening. Guests would be:
– Mark Webber [ex F1 driver and current Porsche WEC driver] – so we can catch up on his Porsche WEC experience
– Martin Brundle [Sky F1 Commentator] – for some F1 chatting
– David Croft [Sky F1 Commentator – for even more F1 chat and also because he is a top bloke!
– Johnny Herbert [ex F1 driver and Sky F1 pundit] – because he is hilarious! Such a laugh!
– Emma Thompson [actress] – because she seems like such a laugh!
– Charles Esten [actor] – because he’s gorgeous and starring in Mashville
– Hayden Panettiere [actress] – also in Nashville and hubby likes her since she was in Heroes
– The Tenderloins [comedy troupe] – i.e. those guys from Impractical Jokers because they are downright hilarious!
If I was catering for the above then I doubt very much I’d do it myself! So assuming money was no object, I would contract outside caterers:
– First Course – choice of garlic mushrooms (for me because they are yum!), a soup of some sort for hubby (maybe a cream watercress soup) and some pate and toast (again because it’s yum!)
– Main meal – steak! Without a doubt it would be a sirloin steak, served with creamy peppercorn sauce (optional as not everyone likes sauce on their steak), and a choice between chunky chips with fried or sautéed mushrooms and onions OR the usual vegetable selection of baby new potatoes, carrots, runner beans and broccoli. Oh and some creamy cauliflower cheese!
– Pudding – this is always a difficult one to think of. No doubt there would be sticky toffee pudding with custard (for the hubby) and maybe I’d opt for an Eton Mess or a raspberry pavalova.
I don’t think the food needs to be too fancypants so long as it’s tasty!
I think the conversation would be enough entertainment but I guess if still need background music.
Currently I’m very much into the Nashville soundtrack and I would request a duet from Charles Esten and Hayden Panettirre. Not that I’m making guests sing for their supper or anything. I’m totally loving their Undermine duet but I’m sure they could mix it up with some Johnny (Cash) and June. Yeah I like country music!
How about you? What would your dream dinner party be like?
(You have to forgive me for not tagging anyone again! Please feel free to participate!)