I’m going to try and get back to my bullet journal this year. To do this I’ve bought a brand new notebook to do it. Over the last few days I’ve been busy getting my 2019 bullet journal setup!
So for 2019, I’m going with quite a lovely dotted Lemome A5 notebook. The teal and pink version is the prettiest and the one I own. It came with a lovely black ink pen which I’m complimenting with some other pens I already own:
- Lemome A5 Dotted Notebook in teal and pink
- WH Smith dual tip brush pens
- Staedtler Triplus Color pens
- Staedtler Triplus Fineliners
Calendar (including free printable)
I started putting my calendar in but managed to mess it up straight away as I looked at 2018 dates instead of 2019! Oops! So to cover it up, I have created my own calendar on Excel in matching teal and pink.
Just in case you guys are also looking for a similar calendar (or simply like the look of mine) then I’ve uploaded the pdf versions for you to download and print.
As the calendar fits one page I haven’t got room to write out all the dates. Instead I have used 4 pages and split it into columns
1) important dates / appointments
2) birthdays (“penblwyddi”)
January 2019 Setup
Not gone overboard with January. I’ve done a really basic/simple lettering of “Ionawr” (being January in Welsh). I might add more detail as the month goes by. So my January setup looks like this:
- January cover
- January calendar
- Memories Page (“Atgofion”)
- Habits Tracker
- Single Page Weekly for 1-6th
- 4 x Double Page Weekly spreads
- Left hand is the week’s appointments etc
- Right hand is my meal planner (written in pencil) which converts to a meal tracker (written in pen)
- Right hand I also have a Workout Tracker (!) as I’m trying to include some very small exercises. I don’t plan on doing any of them daily!
- 5 x Double Pages for journal type entries*
* I’ve not done any layouts for these pages and I’ve left it open ended so if I start an essay entry then I have plenty of room to finish it. I intend to document more of what’s going on in my life rather than just have an appointments book. One day after I die, I hope my girls will find them and have a giggle!
Goals for 2019
My bullet journal goals for this year is to keep track of appointments so I don’t miss anything – it’s amazing how many different things we have going on now that the girls are in school. But my main focus though is to document memories. I aim to be using it more as a journal. For example, after the monthly spreads (as noted above) I’m going to start writing about my days and keeping little keepsakes such as ticket stubs and photos. Although I may use a scrapbook for that. Currently undecided – what do you think? I’m tempted with both!