Recipes: Mince and Veg
This is a very basic meal of mince in gravy accompanied by veg. I’m no food expert but I believe it can’t be too unhealthy. It’s the sauces that’s the most unhealthy bit of it but you can’t have mince without gravy!
Mince and Veg
– mince (750g)
– 1 onion
– 1 courgette
– mushrooms (130g)
– new potatoes (however many you want)
– carrots, cauliflower, broccoli
– packet of just add water gravy!
1) Chop up the onion, mushrooms and courgette. How small is up to you! Also prepare the carrots, broccoli and cauliflower.
2) Start cooking the mince.
3) Put the potatoes on to boil – they’ll need around 25mins.
4) When mince is no longer pink, add the onion, mushrooms and courgette.
5) Prepare the gravy following the instructions on the packet.
6) When the onions and mushrooms have softened add the gravy.
7) Bring the mince and gravy to a boil before turning the heat down to a simmer!.
8) With 10 minutes to spare, put the other veg in to cook.
9) Prepare the parsley sauce as per the instructions on the packet.
Serve up and enjoy!!
I tend to just use the pre-prepared powder sachets for the sauces but you can prepare from scratch if you want. I use the chicken gravy as there’s a nicer flavour than the beef gravy.
You can add any sort of veg that you want. Whatever tickles your fancy!
This may be enough to serve 3-4 people or enough for leftovers!