How are we in October already? I’m pretty sure that as soon as 1st October hits the seasons change and everyone starts thinking about Halloween. With that in mind, let me take a look at some Halloween events in North Wales.
Let me start off by rounding up my favourite thing…. Halloween trains happening around Snowdonia
- Rheilffordd Llyn Padarn Lake Railway have their annual Halloween Hunt running over half term (27th October to 2nd November). Help the team to spot the ghosts and ghouls along the line. All ghost hunters will receive a reward for their efforts. (Book here!)
- Bala Lake Railway have Halloween trains running on 28th and 29th October. Take care though as you might just stumble across the witches’ coven! (Book tickets here)
- Talyllyn Railway have a Steam & Scream event on 27th and 30th October. Take a ride on the train to the spooky Dolgoch Woods. A goody bag is available if you survive the Dolgoch Woods walk… do you dare? (Book via their website here)
Other Halloween Events in North Wales
If trains aren’t your thing (what are you doing here?!) then here are just a handful of other events in and around North Wales.
- Gelli Gyffwrdd – Greenwood‘s annual SpookWood returns for between 6th October and 8th November. On top of the usual attractions there’s a Scare Maze, Monster Hunt, Pumpkin Patch, Ghostly Wood and Freakish shows… sounds frightfully delightful! (Check their website for more information)
- Foel Farm Park have their Halloween event between 22nd October to 6th November. Take part in spooky fancy dress, pumpkin picking, spooky drawing competitions and on certain days have your face painted! Not only that but all the usual things happening…. cows… there are cows here!!
- Pili Palas are celebrating Halloween over the half term (22nd October to 6th November). Join the hunt for witches and villains, encounter some creepy crawlies, carve the scariest pumpkin and enter the fancy dress competition! (For further info look here)
- Ffear Forest @ ZipWorld returns between 17th October to 1st November. As ever it looks to be a proper scary night with creepy clowns chasing you around those high rope nets… and you can’t even escape them on the coaster! (Check it out here!)
- Gwrych Castle are opening between 25th October and 5th November for their Haunted Castle and Spooktacular event! Daytime events guarantee plenty of spooky fun for the kiddos whilst nightime events cater towards fearless adults. Have a read about it here… and what’s even better is that there some great food and drink available (*cough*Bwyd Beli*cough*). If that wasn’t enough there are also Ghost Hunts happening throughout the year. (More details here!)