Well people did warn me about the terrible twos and boy they weren’t wrong! Little Miss is now 27 months (or 2 years 3 months – I still count in months because Miss Mostyn is still in months!)
I had my Nain over the weekend before Easter and she got to see the tantrums as well! She was worried that there was something wrong and I informed her that this is apparently normal!
So that particular weekend we’ve had tantrums because….
1) No more crisps – she had a packet of crisps and once it was finished asked for more but when I said that we didn’t have anymore she had a full blown tantrum including flailing arms and kicking legs.
2) No more chocolate – I gave her half of her Easter egg but clearly that wasn’t enough!
3) Waking up – she woke up all smiley but then suddenly we had a tantrum but not entirely sure why!
4) Biscuit barrel being taken away – I had left the biscuit barrel on the sofa overnight and she found it. She proceeded to take two biccies out but didn’t eat them so hubby took the barrel away. BIG mistake!
5) Not playing “si-so” – we’ve bought a new mattress and it’s currently rolled up in the spare room. She was sliding down it playing what she called “si-so” but when I told her that was enough we had another tantrum and the floppy-doll routine!
Oh it’s all fun and games in our house! To be fair, there’s not much hope for her since I’m now 32 and can also have a proper strop!!
Have you had to deal with stroppy toddlers? Any tips?