This isn’t a long post today but it is something I’ve recently been wondeing. Do we have a
DVD Blu Ray addiction?
We are suckers for deals – BOGOFs, 3 or £20, 5 for £30 – you name it we’ve fallen for it! Our bank account seriously takes a major dip when we visit a HMV! For example our last visit we spent £75 on DVDs/BluRay which was one full price Blu Ray and 10 BluRays on a 5 for £30 offer:
- Postman Pat – for Little Miss but actually it’s really enjoyable!
- Enchanted – despite the fact this is always on Sky Movies!
- Catch Me If You Can – because it’s never on Sky
- Road To Perdition – another Hanks film and one I haven’t seen!
- King’s Speech – I like this film and really fancied watching it
- Live Die Repeat – a Tom Cruise film that hubby wanted
- Top Gun – another Tom Cruise film that the hubby wanted (which is currently being shown on Sky!)
- Stalingrad – another film hubby wanted
- The Delivery Man – that Vince Vaughn film that we wanted to watch
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind – I think this one was to “make up” the offer!
- Big Hero 6 – this was the full price one
The bad thing we do though is buy them, and then never watch them. From the above list, we have only watched 3 of them! I’ve also found a number of BluRays still in the cellophane wrapper. For example we bought Harry Potter back in May and still it’s unopened. However, the Pegg trilogy we bought a year ago is our record perhaps – STILL in it’s wrapper!
The other thing we do as well is buy films we already have! So for example, we already own the Jurassic Park DVD but no doubt we will buy the Blu Ray version of it. Another example is The Hobbit & Lord of the Rings films. Hubby would buy the theatrical version when it came out, and then the extended version when that comes out a couple of months after. Personally I would’ve just waited for the extended but no hubby wanted them ALL!
So what do you reckon…. do we have a
DVD Blu Ray addiction?!