Recipes: Sausage and Leek Casserole a la Slow Cooker
I recently bought a slow cooker thinking it would be an easy way to have food on the table when I get home. I bought it for £14 from Asda and on Sunday I decided to give it a go! Here’s the result!
Sausage and Leek Casserole
– 6 sausages (pork)
– 1 onion
– 4 leeks (approx 230g)
– handful of mushrooms
– new potatoes (however many you want)
– vegetable stock cube (500ml)
1) Chop up the onion, mushrooms and leeks.
2) Cut up the sausages into mini bit size chunks
3) Brown your sausages in a frying pan and some sunflower oil. Put to one side but keep the oil in the pan
4) In the oil, soften the onions until they are golden brown – be careful not to fry!
Serve up and enjoy!!
* Our slow cooker heats at two setting – low which is about °C and at high which is about °C
You can add any other vegetables if you wish but unfortunately we didn’t have anything else! A sprig of brocoli would have been nice.
I also didn’t chop my mushrooms but depending on their size, might be worth halving them
This was enough for me, hubby and Little Miss – so 2.5 portions.